They say that opportunity knocks but once. Well, we politely beg to differ. With Adobe® Certified Associate (ACA) certification, students are uniquely positioned for digital media opportunities in today’s challenging job market.
So when opportunity (cleverly disguised as a hiring manager) comes knocking—they’ll be ready. But, why does certification matter, and what does it actually do for students? Becoming Adobe® certified helps students retain what is learned, and ultimately, reduces the time-to-productivity curve that new hires typically experience.
Simply stated, certified students are more attractive to potential employers and better prepared to hit the ground running on day-one of their new job.
Changing the world is possible, but it requires the right preparation and skills. One of the best ways to be prepared is with Adobe Certified Associate (ACA) certification.
ACA certification is an industry-recognized credential that can be used to effectively validate one’s skills in Adobe digital-media software. It represents the creative skills in demand today by industry and academia and reflects well when presented on a resumresumé or college application.
Adobe Certified Associate in Visual Communication Using Adobe Photoshop
Adobe Photoshop is the world’s most advanced image editing application. It is used worldwide by photographers and designers who want to perfect their digital images.
Having ACA certification is a great validation of one’s Adobe creative skills, and ACA Photoshop certification is available for Creative Cloud (CC), Creative Suite 6 (CS6) and CS5 versions of Adobe software. CC-based ACA certifications are current for three years after the date of issue.
WHAT IS COVERED IN THE EXAMS?
- Setting Project Requirements
- Identifying Design Elements When Preparing Images
- Understanding Adobe Photoshop®
- Manipulating Images by Using Adobe Photoshop
- Publishing Digital Images by Using Adobe Photoshop
- Students begin making their mark on the world by enrolling in college, entering the wor2kforce, or pursuing their dream. Regardless of the goal, being prepared is critical to success, and ACA certification helps ensure success by opening doors and providing opportunities that would not otherwise be available.
- Resumes with Adobe certifications get noticed and fast-tracked by hiring managers.
- Adobe certification is the absolute best way to communicate your proficiency in Adobe products.
- Teachers can make their mark on the world by preparing students to do great things and with ACA certification those great things can begin almost immediately.
- Students are not the only ones to benefit from ACA certification. Teachers who pursue ACA certification enhance their own teaching credentials by earning an industry-recognized certification. By becoming ACA certified, teachers elevate their stature in the classroom and provide a model for students in developing employable skills through Adobe certification.
And, it provides the benefits of the Adobe Certified Associate Educator program.
- Does Adobe Offer Certification?
Yes, Adobe offers the Adobe Certified Associate (ACA) certification for validating entry-level skills.
- Why was the ACA Certification created?
The workplace demand for digital media skills—creating, managing, integrating, and communicating information by using Adobe’s video, graphic, web, illustration, or design software—is on the rise. The ACA certification program will help educators effectively teach and validate digital communication skills while providing students with credentials that demonstrate real-world prowess to prospective employers and academic institutions.
- What are the benefits of becoming ACA Certified?
When someone becomes ACA certified, it validates their technical abilities and demonstrates proficiency. Adobe’s ACA certifications are based on research about digital communication skills required by industry, government, and education. The exam objectives reflect the expertise needed to be successful communicators in today’s digital world. In educational settings, industry-recognized certification programs ensure students and teachers are acquiring the knowledge and abilities valued in today’s workplace. For institutions seeking to keep curriculum vitalized and relevant, certification plays a critical role in bridging classroom learning to real world application.
- What are the ACA Certifications avaliable?
There are six ACA certifications currently available:
- Web Authoring Using Adobe Dreamweaver
- Interactive Media Communication Using Adobe Flash Professional
- Video Communication Using Adobe Premiere Pro
- Visual Communication Using Adobe Photoshop
- Graphic Design & Illustration Using Adobe Illustrator
- Print & Digital Media Publication Using Adobe InDesign
- How is an ACA Certification earned?
To earn ACA certification an individual must pass a rigorous examination administered through a Certified Authorized Testing Center (CATC). All ACA exams are created with input from Adobe subject-matter exerts and are psychometrically validated. Each Adobe certification exam will correspond to a particular Adobe application used for digital media communication and will represent a single certification.
- What is the question format used for ACA exams?
ACA exams validate a test candidate’s knowledge and skill by using two types of questions:
- Performance-based questions simulate the Adobe application, requiring the student to complete a task or perform a function.
- Linear-based questions use traditional true/false, multiple-choice or matching formats.
- How can I find out what is on the ACA exam?
Learning objectives for the current ACA exams are listed on Adobe’s website: http://www.adobe.com/education/certification-programs.edu.html
- What happens when I pass an ACA exam?
As soon as you pass an ACA exam, your name and exam results are given to Adobe by Certiport. Your exam data is then entered into a database. Within two weeks of passing a certification exam, you will receive an official certificate in the mail with an ACA logo that highlights your accomplishment.
- Does ACA Certifications expire?
Creative Cloud-based ACA certifications become non-current three years after date of issue.
- What is an ACA Classroom and ACA Campus site License?
Institutions can purchase an ACA Classroom or Campus Site License that includes unlimited use of the ACA certification exams with an upfront, one-time annual cost. The ACA Site License includes unlimited use of the ACA certifications using Adobe Flash, Adobe Dreamweaver, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe InDesign, Adobe Illustrator, and Adobe Premier Pro in all available versions. The ACA ClassroomLicense also includes practice test software to prepare your students and staff.
[ARForms_popup id=124 desc=’Quick Enquiry’ type=’button’ height=’540′ width=’600′]